This salad is a more sophisticated take on the classic caprese. Ripe strawberries balance the tomato and creamy mozarella. The dish is finished with crushed red peppercorns and basil. This salad is a knockout on the platter, however this dish depends entirely on the quality of the ingredients.
1/2 lb of fresh mozzarella
16 small sweet strawberries, hulled
16 grape tomatoes, halved
sea salt to taste, freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1. Drain the mozzarella and cut into 8 round slices.
2. Cut the strawberries and tomatoes in halves and place them in a bowl.
3. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add extra virgin olive oil.
5. Mix the salad gently.
6. Serve the salad with freshly cracked pepper and drizzle the olive oil on top of the mozzarella cheese.
7. Garnish with fresh basil.
8. Enjoy with a French baguette.