This is a classic and famous noodle dish from Hong Kong. Egg noodles are fried with bean sprouts, chives and premium soy sauces. It is a simple noodle dish that can be prepared in minutes but is still very satisfiying. Try to use high quality soy sauce and a Chinese wok if you own one.
Hong Kong Soya Sauce Fried Noodles
(adapted from kokken69.blogsppot.com)
- Dried Egg Noodle 200g (blanched quickly in hot water to soften. Drain and set aside)
- Premium light soya sauce 2 tbsp
- (if you can't find light soya sauce, use dark soya sauce instead)
- Premium dark soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar 1/8 tsp
- Pepper Generous dash
- Bean sprouts 1 loose cup
- Chives 1/2 loose cup
- Toasted Seseame seeds Generous sprinkle.
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heated wok.
2. Add bean sprouts and fry for 1 minute over medium heat. Add softened noodles and fry for 1/2 minute over high heat.
3. Add all seasoning and continue to fry noodles over high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in Chinese chives and fry for another 1/2 minute. Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds and dish out. Serve with chilli sauce.